Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mayela and Andres - September 10, 2011


 Mayela and Andres got married this afternoon in a small and ever so lovely ceremony at their apartment building in Rockville.  I met Mayela when she came to the U.S. from Mexico to work as an au pair for my good friends, the Malkins.  Not long after she arrived she met Andres, and the rest, as they say, is history.  When I first heard of their engagement I made her promise me that I could shoot the wedding.  It was a small gathering of very close friends and family.  Mayela's family came in from Mexico and Andres' from Columbia.  One of the biggest treats for me is that the Malkins, who now live in Boston, flew down for the event and I got to visit with them today.

All my best to this very dear couple.  Mayela went to dental school in Mexico and hopes to practice here in the states.   I promise to send lots of friends to her when she gets her practice up and running.













The beautiful cake came from Fancy Cakes by Leslie in Bethesda.



















No comments:

Post a Comment