Monday, June 22, 2009

Whitney and Patrick - June 21, 2009

Yesterday I got to be a tourist in my own city with Whitney and Patrick when we took their engagement portraits. Finally a beautiful day, a rare treat this rainy spring and summer. The weather was cool, the sun in and out of the clouds and the wind felt great, although it gave Whitney and her long hair quite a run.

We met at the Smithsonian Metro stop and first went to the Capitol for some quick shots. Next we went to the Botanical Gardens, the sculpture gardens on Independence Avenue, a few stops along the way and then the Jefferson Memorial. We finished with some quick pictures along the Reflecting Pool before ending up back at the same Metro Stop where we started. Big thanks to Patrick for carrying my big lens and camera bag. I couldn't have done all that mileage without his help.

Such a fun couple - I really look forward to their Alexandria wedding coming up next month.













No comments:

Post a Comment