Sunday, October 18, 2009

Jocelyn and Jim - October 17, 2009

Yesterday morning my husband woke me up at 5:00 a.m. to let me know we had no power. As I had to be out of the house at 7:30 for Jocelyn and Jim's wedding I went into panic mode. I showered and dressed by candle light and manually opened the garage while my ten year old son held a flashlight so I could find the release. Not to mention that it was 41 degrees in October and pouring rain.

However, the minute that Kait Whitehead and I arrived at Jocelyn's hotel room to take some getting ready shots, all my angst evaporated. Jocelyn was so cool and calm that I immediately felt at ease. She and Jim have been such a pleasure to work with. Fortunately we had perfect weather in August when we did our engagement shoot on the mall so they do have some nice outdoor shots. The rain did give us the opportunity to do some very cool umbrella pictures and luckily the church was beautiful, so the indoor portraits had a lovely background.

This crowd knew how to have fun and Chris Laich kept the dance floor packed from the first song to the last. The reception was at the new Westin in Old Town and I was very impressed with everything about the hotel.

All my love to Jim and Jocelyn as the head off to St. Lucia on Wednesday. I bet the tropical sun will feel great after our very cold and wet October weather.

A couple of the great vendors we worked with yesterday:

Shannon Peters - westin.com/alexandria
DJ Chris Laich - chrislaich.com
Bloom Fresh Flowers - mybloomfreshflowers.com































No comments:

Post a Comment