Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jake's Bar Mitzvah - June 18, 2011

I photographed an incredibly fun bar mitzvah this past weekend. Jake, the star of the show, is in the grade above my son at our local middle school. I knew many of the guests, either as friends of my son's or friend's of mine. Jake's family was so much fun and really knew how to throw a great party.

I had a new second shooter, Matt Splain, working with me for the first time last night and was truly blown away by the quality of his work. I so love adding to my team.

Blair Peterson of Creative Parties planned the event and did a wonderful job. This was the first time we had worked together and I hope it is the first of many. The DJ was Steven Abramson. He had done Jake's older sister's bat mitzvah and it was easy to see why they brought him back. The service was held at Temple Sinai where we did the family portraits and the party was at Tragara Restaurant in Bethesda.

You know it is a good party when the DJ announces the last song and you felt like you just arrived. Congratulations to Jake and his family. Such a great bunch of folks and what a wonderful young man Jake is. My son, who along with being a classmate also plays football in the same league as Jake, told me that he was a "really cool" kid. He certainly got that right.












































No comments:

Post a Comment